Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Everything was just FINE until...

...I ate the top off "Sissy's Goo Cake:"



We visited The Voodoo Cafe and got a recipe for this cake:

Sissy’s Pineapple Goo Cake:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix together: 2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 small teaspoons soda
¼ teaspoon salt

Add

1 #2 can (big can the size of two flat cans) crushed pineapple with juice
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla.
Mix well.
Cook in 13” x 9 “ pan, 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Frosting/Filling
1 stick oleo
1 ½ cups sugar
1 small can Carnation milk.
Heat to boiling and cook 2 minutes (low boil)
Remove from heat and add 1 cup nuts 1 can (cup) coconut 1 teaspoon vanilla
Pour over hot cake.
Enjoy!

It was really good. In the middle of the night I removed the plastic wrap and ate the top off of this delicious delicacy.
Pumpy didn't join me and so he's 100% but I'm only 50% at the moment. We've had to change the litter box a couple of times. Oops.

10 comments:

Daisy said...

I probably could not resist, either! I hope your tummy feels better soon.

the dragonfly said...

Yeah, I hope your tummy's on the mend. But it sounds so yummy!!

p.s. I will send an email with my address. :)

Lux said...

Uh oh. It does sound good, though.

Motor Home Cats said...

It sounds yummy - too bad your tummy didn't agree. We love to eat cake and icing.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Darla said...

There are lots of cats living over at the Voodoo Cafe. The humans must cover that cake up real good when they make it.

Eclipse

Liz Harrell said...

What a fabulous recipe! Poor kitty.

Lilibet said...

Pearl,

All these misadventures with food leads me to believe that early in your kittenhood, you must have been homeless or deprived of food. Were you homeless, Pearl? I only ask because we had a lovely cat who had the misfortune of being homeless for a while and let's just say that her attitude towards food was never normal. Every meal was potentially her last! Poor thing. She once grabbed meat out of a bubbling pot on the stove. You wouldn't do that, would you, Pearl?

dinahmow said...

Of course, none of the cats here would steal things. Except lettuce, bread,egg,rice,sausage,ham,cheese,crackers,raspberries(Geiger),custard,cream,garlic-and-wine ,pasta.
But only if I am not faster!

Anonymous said...

Stick to meat 'n' bones!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That sounds like very yummy cake!!!

Your poor belly though.

I don't know it I will try that type of snack. Thanks for the heads up...er...bottoms down maybe.

purrs Goldie